Hikvision NVR Firmware Upgrade / Password Problem

Reaction score
I tried to upgrade the Firmware on my hikvision DS-7604NI-E1 NVR with ver V3.3.1_150422. Actually the upgrade seem to work. Then I was required to put in a new password. I entered a pretty easy password and repeated it. It took. But, when I went to login again, I noticed the Username was an empty square and it will not recognize the password. Also I cannot see it anywhere on my network and it is not recognized by SADP tool or iVMS4200 tool. Is there anyway to reset the firmware or password without external tools. I am stuck. Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

Reaction score
OK, I fixed finally fixed the issue. Used a crossover patch cord to connect to the NVR. Changed the my laptop address to 192.0.0.128. Finally, I could see the NVR AT 192.0.0.64. Downloaded the tftpserv from this location http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1336p I put the 3.1.0 version of firmware in the same folder as the tftpserv.exe Then ran the ftfpserv.exe. I restarted the NVR and within 5 minutes the NVR showed the new password window. I made sure to not delete the username on the NVR and left the username as admin and changed the password. Then changed my laptop ip back to DHCP. I went back to the NVR and set a static IP. Made sure to disconnect the crossover patch cable and I was good to go. Typed the static IP address into my browser window and entered the username = admin and the password. All back to normal now.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well done, simple job when done correctly, also that shows that it's still possible to recover from 3.3.1 to an Earlier firmware still by using tftp recovery.

egypro

n3wb
Reaction score
i had same problem , nvr nv3208hs-st hybrid analog/ip cameras , after upgrading to 3.3.4 ,user name is empty , but it will never log in , iam trying tfttp and i still get client failure any help