Hikvision NVR + gmail account = no go?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I get

Sign-in attempt prevented

emails when I attempt to use my gmail account configured in Hikvision NVR with motion detection now. This is first time for me using Hikvision NVR configured to with email notifications.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The actual message I get

Hi
Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:50 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
setup app passwords, I think you can get it to work with that.. it'll be avilable if you have 2 factor auth enabled.

also make sure your using tls/ssl for your mail settings.

I recently had this problem with a dummy account that was not setup for 2-factor auth.. I use another email account for security notifications.. you might be able to go into your security settings and disable it there too.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, it's my dummy account which I've been using without 2-factor authorization for a quite a while, but doesn't seem to like it with Hikvision NVR settings for some reason. Works fine directly with Longse or Huisun configuration.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, that works. I wonder why this only happened with nvr but not the cams