Hikvision NVR - Godaddy SSL certificate

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get a ssl certificate from Godaddy with the CSR generated by my NVR.
I already have the certificate in my account so I just want to rekey it using the CSR.

2018-10-10 20_24_26-Configuration - Internet Explorer.jpg

From my NVR (DS-7616NI-I2), I create the request, download the file, copy paste the CSR text in the Godaddy CSR request field.
But I keep getting the Godaddy error:
"The CSR specified contains a public key with an exponent or modulus that does not meet industry requirements."

godaddy.jpg

I called their support but the guy had no clue...

Any idea?

Reaction score
I am also experiencing the same error message, except mine is for a new certificate request. I'm trying to work with GoDaddy support as well as HikVision's. GoDaddy support gave me the following that I have passed on to HikVision's support:

We can't issue a private key since the key is only generated in the hosting it self because you are encrypting that server. The commands in linux must be something like this:

openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout myserver.key -out example.csr

Waiting for a response from HikVision

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am also experiencing the same error message, except mine is for a new certificate request. I'm trying to work with GoDaddy support as well as HikVision's. GoDaddy support gave me the following that I have passed on to HikVision's support:

We can't issue a private key since the key is only generated in the hosting it self because you are encrypting that server. The commands in linux must be something like this:

openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout myserver.key -out example.csr

Waiting for a response from HikVision
Cool, let us know, really looking forward to it... If there is a telnet command we could do or something specific, that would be great...

Reaction score
Received a reply from HikVision. They evidently are still using SHA1 algorithm and GoDaddy must be requiring SHA2. They are working on a firmware update to include SHA2. So you'll probably have to create a new CSR with the SHA2 algorithm then upload to GoDaddy to get your certificate renewed. So keep on the look out for a firmware update. They didn't say how long it will take for the new firmware to be released.

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get a ssl certificate from Godaddy with the CSR generated by my NVR.
I already have the certificate in my account so I just want to rekey it using the CSR.

View attachment 34080

From my NVR (DS-7616NI-I2), I create the request, download the file, copy paste the CSR text in the Godaddy CSR request field.
But I keep getting the Godaddy error:
"The CSR specified contains a public key with an exponent or modulus that does not meet industry requirements."

View attachment 34081

I called their support but the guy had no clue...

Any idea?
Sfnetwork,
Where did your screenshot come from? It would appear from the screen shot that your NVR has the ability to disable access via HTTP, and require access via HTTPS, is that true? Can you verify your NVR make/model and firmware version? Your posts imply its a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-I2), but I want to be sure, because I've been scouring the manuals for the Hikvision DS-7608NI and DS7616NI models and can't find any reference to the screen shot you provided, or any mention about configuring the NVR to force access via HTTPS.

Please advise,
Thanks.