Hikvision NVR HDMI issue

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Strangely I know when I made the fateful change it was a single operation whereas changing back was to each individual camera
I suspect you are using the wrong part of the configuration - the selection you need to change is under System Settings | Menu Output tab.
The appearance varies a bit with the firmware and model of NVR, but should be something like below in the NVR web GUI :
Use the dropdown to select various output resolutions and frame rates while watching how the monitor reacts to them.

1695674284310.png

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect you are using the wrong part of the configuration - the selection you need to change is under System Settings | Menu Output tab.
The appearance varies a bit with the firmware and model of NVR, but should be something like below in the NVR web GUI :
Use the dropdown to select various output resolutions and frame rates while watching how the monitor reacts to them.

View attachment 173213
I thank you. You are absolutely correct, I did eventually find it and then saw your insightful suggestion. Wished I'd seen your thread earlier all working great now so just need to find a way to have my smart LG TV display views without threading an hdmi cable through the house ...... thank you for all your help, very much appreciated and if I knew where you were I'd buy you a pint.

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah a factory reset should do it, but you hate to lose all your settings.

Hopefully you can find a screen that shows HDMI output or something of that nature that will allow you to change it. I know Dahua has that option, so I don't see why Hikvision wouldn't either. But maybe a reboot will start it back up in the lower resolution.
All back up and running great. You were quite right, just needed to explore some of the options. Just need to sort a way of having my LG smart TV, at the other end of the house, to receive camera displays without trying to route a hdmi cable the length of the house. As you'll probably be aware I'm that level before novice but was a little disappointed that when accessing the nvr via the ip although I could alter all the settings live streaming would not work ....... is that normal? even for a Mac. Many thanks to you and Alistair for taking the time to help me out and guide me through, I owe you both several pints

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just need to sort a way of having my LG smart TV, at the other end of the house, to receive camera displays without trying to route a hdmi cable the length of the house.
Depending on what the APP Store has for your TV - if it's an Android TV you might find one of the viewer apps works OK for you.
I've used IPCamViewer from time to time - it works OK but it's a bit cumbersome using the TV remote for navigation.

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
Depending on what the APP Store has for your TV - if it's an Android TV you might find one of the viewer apps works OK for you.
I've used IPCamViewer from time to time - it works OK but it's a bit cumbersome using the TV remote for navigation.
The problem seems to be with LG. Although they apparently manufacture the lions share of all screens world wide they have closed the door on importing apps for their own branded models .... as far as I can make out you can't install them you can only 'open' those already installed .....