Hikvision NVR help ds-7732-ni-e4/16 firmware

harryharry

n3wb
Reaction score
ok peeps here is one to scratch your heads.

a friend whoS ask for some help on the above NVR with hikvision camera.

The above NVR has been and still is working flawless, with around 20 cams on it all hikvision.

Half of the cams are wired to POE ports the remaing are wired on the LAN.

Now the firmware on the cams are patched with the MTD hack on old firmware. The NVR was purchased in the UK so i assume it to be updateable but its on old firmware v3.0.10 141126 and the serial is AARR.

He purchased some color-vu 4mp cams to add to his arsenal firmware ( 5.5.13 build 200430) but not seem to be working on the NVR on the POE ports or LAN side.

The NVR detects the IPC on LAN and POE but no video unknown error when clicking on the triangle warning.

I not the best out there with the system but i am assuming its some kind of firmware incompatibility with the colour-vu cams firmware.

What i have tryed:

Through SDAP activated the IPC cams and because of firmware 5.5.13 build 200430 you must change password to activate, so tried this but NVR showes error.

I tryed changing the password of the NVR to 8 character with the same password on the new IPC rebooted the NVR, all the MTD patched camera cam on one by one all good but not the new ones color-vu error out.

doing a little research i have read firmware "DS-7600/7700/8600NI-Ex NVR V3.3.0 Release Note" this has the new authentication that may help my problem.

My main worry is i belive the NVR will take the firmware update as it purchased in UK and serial been AARR but if i do this will i lose the other 20 cams because of the firmware update?

Now need a good helping hand from you experienced wizards.

Summary:

NVR: ds-7732-ni-e4/16
SERIAL NVR: AARR

MTD IPC MODEL : DS-2CD2032 -I FIRMWARE: 5.2.5 BUILD 141201
MTD IPC MODEL : DS-2CD2632 -F-IS FIRMWARE:

IPC MODEL : DS-2CD2347G2-LU FIRMWARE: 5.5.13 build 200430

IF I VENTURE into this, can i go back on NVR firmware if all goes pear shape?

nvr serial.png

detected_color_vu_upload.jpg

nvr_firmware_upload.png

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I not the best out there with the system but i am assuming its some kind of firmware incompatibility with the colour-vu cams firmware.
I think you may be correct in that assumption - the NVR is running very very old firmware.

My main worry is i belive the NVR will take the firmware update as it purchased in UK and serial been AARR but if i do this will i lose the other 20 cams because of the firmware update?
The main risk I think would be if the NVR does not react well to newer firmware.
The hope is that it's actually an EN version as opposed to CN. That old firmware doesn't care, the newer firmware will object if it's CN.
It's less likely that updated NVR firmware will not work well with old camera firmware than the old NVR firmware will not work with new camera firmware.

Hikvision are still publishing a wide selection of the old firmware for the NVR.
This would allow a progressive update through the minor versions to check if all is OK, and to provide rollback possibilities.
At some point (I don't remember when) there is an anti-rollback block across the major versions eg 3.4.x back to 3.3.x

One thing to check if possible is if the language can be verified.
The old firmware may well still have the hard-coded telnet access, see if you can establish a telnet session. Also check the web GUI to see if there is an enable for it.
If so - try logging in with (I don't remember all the hard-coded values) :
admin / hiklinux
root / hiklinux
admin / 12345
root / 12345
admin / admin_password
root / admin_password
and if you get a root shell, use the command
getHardInfo
to see the reported language.

What I'd suggest is to download a set of firmware updates close to what's currently active, and progressively do the updates across the minor versions using the web GUI, and check if the new camera can be connected.

harryharry

n3wb
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson

thanks for the reply.

i have telnetted over as the firmware was old correctlt gussed hard codded. the flag is 1 so i assume its EN.

Code:
[root@dvrdvs /] # getHardInfo
Start at 2012-01-01 00:00:03
Serial NO :----------------------------------------
V3.0.10 build 141126
KernelVersion: V1.0.0 build 140512
dspSoftVersion: V5.0 build 140816
codecVersion: V5.0 build 080808
hardwareVersion = 0xb200
encodeChans = 0
decodeChans = 16
alarmInNums = 16
alarmOutNums = 4
ataCtrlNums = 2
flashsize = 0x10
ramSize = 0x400
networksNums = 2
language = 1  <-----------------------------------------
devType:DS-7732NI-E4/16P
bootPartition = 2
so as the above you advise try the firmware update route step by step.

im thinking of going in steps to at least V3.3.0 build150328 that im assuming may kick in the new cams.

just trying to find the roll back cut off point firmware ?

if anyone knows or more like re calls can they please reply

any more input would be really appriciated before i commence

harryharry

n3wb
Reaction score
here is the answer to my own question. for the peopel who will read the thred.

i missed this in the pdf i attached above.

as @alastairstevenson mentioned its from the firmware V3.3.0 that you cannot go back meanning downgrade.

Code:
6. Device with V3.3.0 firmware cannot be downgraded via local menu, web browser, or client
software
you may be able to do it by other means

harryharry

n3wb
Reaction score
ok people

as predicted as soon as firmware 3.2.0 was installed all the camera kicked in and all working.

again big thanks to alastairstevenson

ive not gone all the way upgrading the firmware as my main purpose was to get the cams working. i upgraded firmware step by step

thred can be closed.