Hikvision NVR: Is it possible to rename channel name?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
In web interface of NVR it's listing IP camera1 through IP camera8, I didn't find any place where I can rename to something meaningful. Is it not supported?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For my ds7108, its under configuration>camera settings>display settings

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have any of that. Specifically camera settings >display settings. Could you post a screenshot please?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I will post screenshot later, but the issue is the Channel No. When viewing in web interface, NVR shows Channel No, not the actual camera name.

PJJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem, but solved it. I think you mix up the name of the camera (change that in OSD-settings: Rename camera in Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P) with what you see in the app like EZVIZ. You need to change the setting in the app itself from anything like "camera# @typenr of NVR" to "any name you like" in the settings of that camera bij clicking on the camera you want to rename, then on the wheel-icon and then click on the current name and in the next screen, again. Now you can type any name you like :)

Why this reply on an old post: it took me a while to find out and maybe it saves someone else some time ;-)

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to rename a channel for an ONVIF camera? Under Image->OSD Settings where you'd put the display name it says "This camera does not support the function." It seems to pull the name from that to write the menu name. So all my ONVIF cameras are stuck with IPCamera 1, 2 etc. I assume there's a config file somewhere I can manually edit to get the names to show up on the web interface live view.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The OSD name needs to be set directly on the camera when using ONVIF.
But the NVR channel name gets set using the NVR web GUI OSD settings despite the non-fatal message.

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just have to live with it I guess, at leas the OSD of the cameras tell me what they are.

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This did not work for me initially in Chrome, but I tried it again in IE and it did work. Thanks!

td0g

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my onvif cameras these names keep reverting back to IPCameraXX, it's not because of reboots or double logins, I'm not sure what triggers it, I get maybe 8 hours before they switch back.

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my onvif cameras these names keep reverting back to IPCameraXX, it's not because of reboots or double logins, I'm not sure what triggers it, I get maybe 8 hours before they switch back.
Is there any solution for this? I'm experiencing same with Reolink camera and hikvision nvr 7616.