Hikvision NVR just connected to un-managed switch

Carlos1001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I’m going to be doing an install of 17 IP Cameras in a 32 channel NVR but the hotel we are installing on has a locked down network so still waiting on their IT to provision us a VLAN

My question might be a novice question but it’s the 1st time I have come up
Against it.

I Have a PoE switch to handle
All the cams, if I connect this to the cams and NVR without plugging the switch into a router or “dedicated VLAN switch” having set all the cams and NVR on a static IP address - will I be able to see and manage the cams through the NVR HDMI output (strictly as a temp basis until the IT for this place pulls their finger out !)

I understand all this would be local
For the time being

Thanks in advance

The system is all Hikvision

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I Have a PoE switch to handle
All the cams, if I connect this to the cams and NVR without plugging the switch into a router or “dedicated VLAN switch” having set all the cams and NVR on a static IP address - will I be able to see and manage the cams through the NVR HDMI output (strictly as a temp basis until the IT for this place pulls their finger out !)
Yes, that would work OK - assuming that your camera IP addresses and the NVR IP address and the camera IP address configurations in the NVR match up.

Carlos1001

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair

I thought so, just wanted to make sure before I pencilled the install day in for Monday coming