Hikvision NVR Large Install

Coastech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area. I have a project where I need to install about 90-100 IP cameras. I have worked with Hikvision NVRs and DVRs in the past, but only ever 16 channels max at a time.

I was looking into using two NSN-9644K(V2) 64 channel NVRs and locating them near existing network equipment. Most of the cameras would be 4K domes, with a few 12MP fisheyes. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using Hikvision products in large scale applications and what (if any) kind of issues they've run into?

There are obviously going to be concerns with network infrastructure with this amount of bandwidth, but I'm also wondering how the larger (embedded/Linux based?) NVRs handle the traffic and how well iVMS-4200 will work with a large number of cameras?

Thanks for any help/advice!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area. I have a project where I need to install about 90-100 IP cameras. I have worked with Hikvision NVRs and DVRs in the past, but only ever 16 channels max at a time.

I was looking into using two NSN-9644K(V2) 64 channel NVRs and locating them near existing network equipment. Most of the cameras would be 4K domes, with a few 12MP fisheyes. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using Hikvision products in large scale applications and what (if any) kind of issues they've run into?

There are obviously going to be concerns with network infrastructure with this amount of bandwidth, but I'm also wondering how the larger (embedded/Linux based?) NVRs handle the traffic and how well iVMS-4200 will work with a large number of cameras?

Thanks for any help/advice!
That appears to be a product that Nellys sells. If you are doing business with them, I would talk to their tech support for guidance.
https://www.nellyssecurity.com/nsn-9644k-v2-64-channel-4k-super-nvr-for-ip-security-cameras-1099.html

Coastech

n3wb
Reaction score
You are correct, that model is available from Nellys. I have reached out to their sales regarding the system but have not discussed anything with their tech support yet. I was just hoping someone had a personal experience they could share using that NVR (or comparable Hikvision branded model) in a large scale application.

Thanks for the help!