Hikvision NVR Live View and Playback Failed with Safari Workaround

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a heads up for those of you who access your Hikvision NVRs via Safari on a Mac - currently, there seems to be an issue causing both the Live View and Playback to fail.

Early stages at the mo' so I haven't been able to nail down all the versions it affects, but currently we've had a number of reports (and tested ourselves) that the issue affects the below software versions:

• Safari v9.1.2 build 11601.7.7 and later
  • OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 and later
  • Web Components plugin for OS X v3.0.5.43 and later
  • Hikvision -E, -K and -I series NVRs

To fix the issue, change the transmission protocol of your NVR from TCP to UDP.
Via a web browser, navigate to Configuration >> Local in order to do so.

Hikvision are aware of the issue, and a fix is in development for release in November.

If anyone has any feedback or experiences with the issue above (or the lack of an issue at all) then it's always appreciated.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this, I'll give this a try. I've been having somewhat repeatable problems with Safari v9.1.1 on EC 10.11.5, mostly when launching a cam from the virtual server config page kills both the Live View and Playback.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This DID fix the problem of killing the video when accessing the cams from the Camera Management "virtual server" page links but it creates another problem that I don't understand. When using UDP all the camera links open the same camera, camera #1. When I switch back to TCP the links all go to their correct, respective cameras. I rebooted after each change but no help. I don't understand...

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does UDP use the cam ports differently? The links are pointing to: 192:xxx.xx.x:65001, 65002 and 65003, but even if I manually type the address and port in a new tab, I always end up with camera #1, no matter what port I use. I also chose and saved UDP for each three cam separately within their own cofig page. Back on TCP it works. What am I missing? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
also, download files remains broken, until the fix in nov, i have been speaking to HikVision support on the mater, as for the UDP cam live view issue, HikVision have been aware of this issue for over 6 weeks, as i reported this direct to a hikvision support guy.

Btan

n3wb
Reaction score
I know Hikvision and LTS are "related" would this issue affect LTS on Mac/safari as well?

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had this issue also with a client today. Firmware v3.4.91 on a DS-7608NI-E2

Confirm UDP fixes the problem.