HIKVision NVR New Camera Issue

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

If this has been discussed before, please point me to the thread, I did search but could not find a thread detailing my specific issue.

I added another camera to my home CCTv setup yesterday which consists of the following

1 x HIKVision DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR
2 x HIKVision SE-DS-2CD2055FWD-I Cameras (4mm fixed length)
2 x HIKVision SE-DS-2CD2055FWD-I Cameras (2.8mm fixed length) (Only one installed at the moment)
1 x WD 4TB 3.5" SATA3 6.0Gbps Surveillance HDD - Purple
Linkbasic Shielded UV Protected Cat5e Cable

I added the 2.8mm SE-DS-2CD2055FWD-I this last Saturday after running all the CAT5E cabling from inside our roof to outside. The NVR picked the camera up easily but I do need to use SADP to change it's username and password from the standard. I have been able to add the camera to Live View on an iPad and three separate iPhones, but keep getting a "No more IP cameras allowed" error when trying to add it to the Live View of the output of the NVR. All the Googling I have done points to issues when adding camera's using a PoE switch or not directly connected to the NVR, but all my Camera's are directly connected to my NVR.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks
Nic

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
keep getting a "No more IP cameras allowed" error when trying to add it to the Live View of the output of the NVR.
You can't 'add' a camera to a 16 channel NVR that has 16 PoE ports. All the channels associated with the 16 PoE ports are already pre-defined.
You can only 'Modify' one of the existing channels with the configuration details of the camera you'd like to connect to one of the NVR PoE ports.

If you wanted to use a camera that's on the LAN as opposed to connected to an NVR PoE port - you'd still need to use 'Modify' for the channel in question, but use the camera's LAN IP address instead of the originally-assigned IP address of the NVR PoE channel.

I hope that makes sense.

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
You can't 'add' a camera to a 16 channel NVR that has 16 PoE ports. All the channels associated with the 16 PoE ports are already pre-defined.
You can only 'Modify' one of the existing channels with the configuration details of the camera you'd like to connect to one of the NVR PoE ports.

If you wanted to use a camera that's on the LAN as opposed to connected to an NVR PoE port - you'd still need to use 'Modify' for the channel in question, but use the camera's LAN IP address instead of the originally-assigned IP address of the NVR PoE channel.

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the feedback @alastairstevenson. Unfortunately it doesn't make any sense to me but perhaps I am using the incorrect terminology. I simply plugged the new camera in to my NVR and it was added to an existing PoE port by the NVR although I need to change the username and password of it. I am able to see the live feed of the camera on all of our phones and tablets but am unable to see the live feed of the camera on the TV fed by HDMi or the monitor fed by VGA. I get a "No more IP cameras allowed" error only on the TV and monitor.

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems I didn't understand your problem properly - I thought you were trying to add a camera to the NVR camera configuration.
No problem, I figured it out earlier, instead of adding the new camera to the Live View in the Configuration > Live View of the NVR I was trying to add it directly on the Live View, if that makes sense. Once I figured that out it was easy to add it to the Live View setup of both the VGA and HDMI output of the NVR.