Hikvision NVR Notification settings

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hikvision DS7608 which I’ve managed to access via the Hik-Connect app.
My question is is the notification system an all or nothing affair?
I have 8 cameras, all with some form of motion detection or smart event set up but I only want notification on my smartphone when one particular camera detects an event.
Is that possible to setup on the NVR, or would I have to disable all the other camera detection zones?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Hikvision DS7608 which I’ve managed to access via the Hik-Connect app.
My question is is the notification system an all or nothing affair?
I have 8 cameras, all with some form of motion detection or smart event set up but I only want notification on my smartphone when one particular camera detects an event.
Is that possible to setup on the NVR, or would I have to disable all the other camera detection zones?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob
Was this a silly question, or have I posted it in the wrong area?

Rob

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have Hik, but in the DMSS (dahua) app, you can choose each and any type of notification (Motion Detect, IVS, or even video blind or network connection loss) PER camera on the NVR. Easy peasy.

I suspect the same for Hik.

Good luck!
CC

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it can be done. Log into the recorder either locally or over the web. You will need to go to the detection page (motion, line crossing, intrusion, etc). First will show the camera screen shot. You will notice that you also have two other tabs on that page. One is arming schedule. This is for when the detection is in effect. You will also see a tab labeled "Linkage Action". If you would like the notifications for that camera then check the "Notify surveillance center". Click apply. Then go to the camera drop down menu and check the same settings for the other cameras.