Hikvision NVR PoE Compatibility

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So... I ordered a DS-2CD3345-I from Ali to play around with (and compare with the new WDR range) and it finally arrived.

First problem is that it doesn't work (no power!) with the earlier firmware of the three (that's right 3!) Hikvision NVRs I have immediate access to. But I knew this before I ordered it.

So I update the 7604N-E1/P (thanks @rommycam) to v3.3.4 and voila it works... PoE back up and running.

However, I now notice (and I can't remember if this was the case before or was ok because I was using a PoE switch) that some of my generic ONVIF cameras - they have the same issue this newer 2CDxxx5-I range are having... except the firmware update didn't fix it!

Has anyone else had any issues with the PoE not powering non-Hikvision cameras and requiring either a PoE switch or 12VDC input?

Thanks,

Del Boy

Last edited by a moderator:

rommycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried by vga-gui , there are a menu to manage Poe switch, power it on/off?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried by vga-gui , there are a menu to manage Poe switch, power it on/off?
No, HDMI I've been doing but I will later. If I plug anything Hikvision in then it works fine... will try a Dahua camera later too.

Where's that option?

rommycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for wrong direction, vga-gui only provide information about poe port in 3.3.4.
IMG_20150826_065200.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah yes rommycam, no need to apologise! So I've got the same screen but no power. Plug in Hikvision camera and it's powered fine!

Just tried 7104 and same problem... tried a generic PoE NVR and cameras are fine. Not sure why Hikvision NVR won't power them.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmmm looks like I'm going to have to buy one of those PoE voltage readers to see what's going on.