HIKVision NVR stopped the ability to drag through timeline playback

Djeclipse

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the board and new to everything security camera related.

I have a HIkVision NVR model ERI-K108 and one camera currently connected just to get used to the system. I am using HDMI to connect to the NVR so it is using the NVR's internal interface. It's is not connected to the internet yet (I need to learn about network security before I leave it connected to the internet full time).

I have continuous recording set up which removed the red motion detected marks on the timeline. it's only been up and running for 2 days and this morning the ability to click and drag left and right through the timeline has stopped working. I find this the quickest and easiest way to find activity since motion detection is not displayed(I was getting the email and app alerts sent when it was connected to the internet).

I called HIKVision and they don't offer any support unless you are an installer, something I wish I knew before I bought the NVR. They did verify the firmware is up to date.

Does anyone have any idea what may have happened to cause the click/ drag scroll through the playback to stop working? Playback works even at faster speeds but even clicking on the timeline needs 2-3 times before it skips to that mark.

Nothing changed overnight settings wise, it just randomly stopped the ability to scroll through the playback. ay 7:30am this morning. HDD has only 50 Gig used so it's not even close to being full.

Any help would be appreciated.

Djeclipse

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone help?

This is doing it sporadically. Is the NVR bad or is it a problem with firmware?