Hikvision NVRs - what's the final solution

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have seen may forum threads here and elsewhere as to the solution to the gmail SSL and Hikvision email alert problem. Many discuss the Hik cameras which is fine. I want to discuss the NVRs specifically. I have tried the following:

• Hik gmail solution with extra authentication
  • GMX email
  • Sendinblue email
  • my Ip provider mail
  • Hotmail email
  • turning SSL check box off on all of the above
  • witchdoctor and a chicken foot

All have failed. Other than Hik providing new firmware that supports TLS encryption, what has worked?

By the way I have a 7716 western region NVR

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried most of the solutions you listed with my DS-7604NI-E1/4P, and also tried Yahoo mail, but no go. For other reasons I now have a DS-7608NI-I2/8P on order from "SECURE LIFE Surveillance System" through AliExpress. I'm curious if this problem will be fixed with this new unit.

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hotelone did you receive the DS-7608NI-I2/8P from Secure Life Surveillance system from aliexpress? I want to buy one too from the same guy and was wondering how your experience was. What version is it? Chinese? Did you try firmware update? Thanks!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have that NVR and bought from that supplier. I updated and all email working fine ( DS-7608NI-I2/8P) just be sure you order the NI model upgradable

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MerNion: "Hotelone did you receive the DS-7608NI-I2/8P from Secure Life Surveillance system from aliexpress? I want to buy one too from the same guy and was wondering how your experience was. What version is it? Chinese? Did you try firmware update? Thanks!"

You've probably ordered by now but yes I received it and it was an "RR <- Other/unspecified" unit successfully updated twice with Hikvision Europe firmware.