Hikvision OEM / La View bricked camera help

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a bricked Hikvision OEM camera branded as La View LV-PWD50402-W

Currently the camera is in recovery mode, Firmware 4.0.8 150325

I believe this is an IPC R2, but I cant get it to boot after I try several different firmwares loaded via TFTP.

Can anyone help me identify the correct firmware to load on this unit? I contact La View and they tell me there is no available firmware for this camera.

Laview was a spin off of LTS that they shuttered.

Attachments

awsswa59

n3wb
Reaction score
install firmware R0 or R2 version 5.0.0.
if the firmware is not suitable for the camera, then it will not be installed

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a bricked Hikvision OEM camera branded as La View LV-PWD50402-W
How did the camera get bricked?

I believe this is an IPC R2, but I cant get it to boot after I try several different firmwares loaded via TFTP.
Do you know what the original firmware version was?
Generally, whether by web GUI or tftp updater, the existing system will block any downgrade attempts.
So you'd need to attempt to install the same or higher version.

There is no guarantee that native Hikvision firmware will work on an OEM model - but here is a good source of R2 series firmware :

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How did the camera get bricked?

Do you know what the original firmware version was?
Generally, whether by web GUI or tftp updater, the existing system will block any downgrade attempts.
So you'd need to attempt to install the same or higher version.

There is no guarantee that native Hikvision firmware will work on an OEM model - but here is a good source of R2 series firmware :

I attached a screenshot of a working camera.

Attachments

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As a follow up, here is the solution for the archive. The camera will take the latest Hikvision R6 firmware of V5.5.82.

I typically use the Scott Lamb Python TFTP updater. I would send the file, it would write the blocks and complete however the camera would never reboot and process the new firmware and go into failsafe firmware.

This camera looks for the TFTP server address of 192.0.0.128 according to Wireshark.

So for the hell of it I tried the modified official Hikvsion TFTP Updater with the R6 firmware since the camera is an older model, to my surprise it sent and completed. I power cycled the camera and it booted right away with the Hik firmware.

Hope this helps someone in the future.