Hikvision or Dahua NVR - Iphone remote viewing

hippak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am at the point now where I've narrowed down my setup requirements and was set on a 6 4PM Hikvision Cameras + a Hikvision NVR. After reading several threads on here it looks like there is alot of folks who are transitioning over to Dahua.

I was wondering what the consensus is if I am planning on Running an NVR and require remote access via and iphone?

Any feedback on Hikvision's NVR Iphone App versus Dahua would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The apps for both Dahua and Hikvision are good. I know that the push notifications work well through idmss. I use both for several different systems each. I use playback features as well as the mic in and audio out features.

hippak

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Given that the apps are similar in terms of functionality what are some differentiators which lead people to choose Dahua or Hikvision? I understand that price wise Dahua are generally cheaper. Are there any other considerations I should have?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, yesterday Dahua published an update to close a vulnerability reported last month. CVE-2017-3223. If you go w/ Dahua make sure you upgrade the firmware if applicable.