Hikvision outdoor + solar panels at 7.5m :D

almemento

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
great from Poland :)
I have install first time in my life solar panels and IP cameras :D
Everything works fine.

We selfmade the construction for the solar panels and the box for battery.

There is 2x 245Wp SHARP solar panel, TRACER 2210RN regulator and 24V/12V TECHNOTROP inverter and also small 12V/5V car inverter for TPLink switch.
The battery was 2x 125Ah Centra production.

Installation was really hard and we spend about 5 days for 6~8 hours to install it and configuration.
The ground was really wet, and a lot of clay. The worst was to set the 2 wooden pole.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is an impressive job. Are you monitoring a job site?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pretty good job!
The ground was really wet, and a lot of clay. The worst was to set the 2 wooden pole.
That is the worst :( Ground around my house is like cement after the first two feet. It literally has to be chipped/scraped away with a pick-axe or something else to crumble it. Shoveling is utterly impossible by hand.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I looked at the pics again and realised that what I thought was a box camera enclosure is actually an antenna. Great setup though. How is your energy usage / solar charging going? Are you logging? If so any chance of posting up some figures and graphs? It looks like you have orientated the panels for maximum winter charging. Nearly 500W of panels would be overkill here in Australia for that load, but you probably don't get a lot of sun hours in winter and the days must be starting to get short there by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alkays

n3wb
Reaction score
I think if u use wood, that wouldn't be longer. and u have to use an iron pillar.