Hikvision Panovu DS-2CD6924G0-IHS image distortion help

Reaction score
We're tinkering with a super robust streaming setup for our airdome. The circumstances are really challenging to say the least, so we got us a Hikvision DS-2CD6924G0-IHS . Unfortunately the lens distortion seems to be pretty bad and evident, since the borders n the field make it really stand out. The camera does not have any distortion correction settings, only the "stitching distance" (3-300m).

Is there anything I can do to make that better? Here are 2 images from VLC. One from 6 metres high and the other 5 metres high. The distance to the border is the same, ~appr 1m. Unfortunatey due to various reason this is the only location for the camera, that can be used.

The reason I'm asking here is that I was under the impression that the camera having 4 separate lenses would somehow avoid this problem. And this beast being pretty expensive and not off-the-shelf stuff, there's no way you can get this "just for test" :/

Thanks!

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
From manual under Video Adjustment:

Lens Distortion Correction:
For cameras equipped with motor-driven lens, image may appear distorted to some extent. Turn on this function to correct the distortion.

Don't see that? I'd be surprised if it didn't have some form of correction.

Reaction score
From manual under Video Adjustment:

Lens Distortion Correction:
For cameras equipped with motor-driven lens, image may appear distorted to some extent. Turn on this function to correct the distortion.

Don't see that? I'd be surprised if it didn't have some form of correction.
Yes, saw that. This particular model does not have that :/ So, nothing I can do, I suppose?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe some adjustment or filter in VLC?

Reaction score
Maybe some adjustment or filter in VLC?
Sorry, I was a bit unclear. That setup was just for testing and apparently the results were not too good :/ For the streaming we cannot use VLC, it will be some hw solution like ATEM MIni Pro, but it does not have any such correction. I would be very interested in something that would have :)

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you run it through OBS Studio and then onto whatever system? That will stream live video to pretty much whatever.

I've not tried it but on quick search I see some using negative numbers with a fisheye shader filter that's available to correct similar distortion.

Reaction score
Can you run it through OBS Studio and then onto whatever system? That will stream live video to pretty much whatever.

I've not tried it but on quick search I see some using negative numbers with a fisheye shader filter that's available to correct similar distortion.
Yeah, also found that. This would require pretty beefy computer, but I'll look into this :)