Hikvision Password Reset Tool is not working for me

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have two hikvison cameras ds-cd2632f-is, both cameras were working fine but two days ago when I was playing with the setting of one of them (I used the ip address of the camera to see the settings) I changed the http port form 80 to 1080 and i enabled the dhcp option for this camera, don't ask why I did that but I did it and since then I cant see that camera in my ivms 4500 neither if I try to use the ip address of the camera in my browser. The sadp tool can see both cameras, the camera I changed the settings shows up for a few minutes and disappear and then comes back. When I tried to change the port or modify anything for this camera it said "time out" inth sadp tool.
I used the Hikvision password reset tool but I keep getting me a code that makes the password recovery failed, I copied and pasted the serial number that get from the sadp tool and the date from the column (I restarted the camera several times and I get the same date which it todays date) every time I use the sadp tool.
Today I reset the button in the camera hopping that this will get the camera back to the original settings where the port was 80 instead of 1080 but it didn't do anything the only thing it changed was the ip address and I'm still not able to make any changes using the sadp tool. I tried the sadp tool with my other camera and I was able to generate the correct code and reset the password. I'm not sure why it doesn't work on the camera that i changed the settings. please help!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
After changing the http port to 1080, did you start including the port number in your camera url? Like this:

Code:
http://192.168.1.100:1080/
No idea why your password / settings reset attempts failed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you really reset the cam then it is probably back to port 80... *shrug*

Most problems like this are human error. Double check everything :)

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I reset the camera twice by pressing the button on the camera but the port is still at 1080 (that is what the sadp tool shows), I thought it was going to change to the factory one but it didn't and the dhcp option is still checked so I'm not sure now if the reset button is really resetting the camera or not because the only thing it has changed after the resets is te IP address. :(

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I learned recently to reset...hold button for 30 seconds..unplug ethernet assuming poe...while still holding button...wait 30 seconds, plug back in..all again keeping button down and finger sore..for another 10 to 30 seconds...

see if that resets all

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wow after I did the reset like you mentioned "interpon" the port went back to 80 and I have full control of the camera now....thanks guys!

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very cool..thank nellys security actually..had an issue with ip address..they walked me through it..great seller and support

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That reset procedure is a bit overkill (holding the button for 90 seconds total) but it covers nearly all the reset procedures a manufacturer could use. A good thing to remember!