Hikvision POE Camera Audio not working on my DVR

CJS12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have an issue with a Hikvision DS-2CD2545FWD-IS POE Camera, where its Audio does not work on my DVR

The camera is on my network with a static IP Address; When I access the Camera's web interface, the Mic Audio is working in Live view, I can hear the environment where the camera is.

I've then added the Camera to my DVR as an IP Cam, Note: I have to other Ezviz IP Cams added as well which is working fine, but the Audio is not working on the DS-2CD2545FWD-IS when I view it from the DVR's web interface live view or the Hik-Connect App, I ensured the Video Type is set to Video&Audio for all streams (Main, Sub and Event) on the DVR and POE Cam)

Some details:

Camera: DS-2CD2545FWD-IS, connected directly into a Mesh Wi-Fi point or into a POE Switch
DVR: Hikvision iDS-7216HQHI-M2 / S

Any ideas?

Regards
CJ

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On image #2, at the "Audio Input" setting, what other options are there in the drop-down?
Is it possible the setting you currently have is for an external mic, not the built-in mic?

CJS12

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Tony

I've tried "Line In", but then the Audio is not working at all, even on the actual camera's web interface.

Just an update, I've added the POE camera to my Hik-Connect App separately by scanning its QR Code, so I can hear the Audio now on the Hik Connect Android App, bit still not via the DVR Web interface, I've also tried powering the camera externally (Not POE), no joy

Also, on the IVMS 4200 Windows app, when I log in via my Hik Connects details, it also does not work, but search for the Camera on the Local Lan in IVMS, then it works