Hikvision poe two way audio built in speaker and microphone

robmasoboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking to purchase a HIKVISION POE camera that has two way audio functionality with built in microphone and speaker to put at my front door. Would be good if it could do push notifications to my ANDROID device to let me know when there is movement or sound at the door where I could login and see what was happening and communicate with visitors at the door. If anyone has experience or has purchased any cameras that can do this. I have got a DS CD 2142 FWD IS coming in from EBAY. But I am not sure on how I would connect microphone and speaker to it. Will the micrphone and speaker receive power from the cameras cables included on it? I imagine the speaker will need external power source which I want to avoid if possible, thats why I was looking to purchase an all in one wired solution for the front door.

Any suggestions or links or peoples experience with this would be great. I had a family member purchase SWANN POE system which actually had the microphone built into each camera and simply transmits the signal back over the ETHERNET cable. However it does not allow for Bi directional AUDIO. I just wanted the two way feature I thought it would be pretty cool to have and test. See how it works for a front door scenario.

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.