Hikvision Port Forwarding

dmarsh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all- the previous owners of our house left two Hikvision IP cameras installed outside. I purchased a POE Injector and hooked them up to that to give them power and was able to get in and change the IP addresses through the Hikvision software. I do not have a NVR system and can only see live view. I've downloaded the iVMS-4500 app on my iPhone and Samsung tablet and can view both cameras just fine when I am connected to my home Wi-Fi. However, I'd like to be able to view the cameras while away using iVMS-4500. I've searched the internet for Port Forwarding information on my AT&T Arris NVG599 router, and have tried several modifications in the NAT/Gaming section. Whenever I disconnect from my Wi-Fi to test it out, both cameras say Connection Failed. Can anyone help me with changing settings in my NVG599 please?

sugarbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all- the previous owners of our house left two Hikvision IP cameras installed outside. I purchased a POE Injector and hooked them up to that to give them power and was able to get in and change the IP addresses through the Hikvision software. I do not have a NVR system and can only see live view. I've downloaded the iVMS-4500 app on my iPhone and Samsung tablet and can view both cameras just fine when I am connected to my home Wi-Fi. However, I'd like to be able to view the cameras while away using iVMS-4500. I've searched the internet for Port Forwarding information on my AT&T Arris NVG599 router, and have tried several modifications in the NAT/Gaming section. Whenever I disconnect from my Wi-Fi to test it out, both cameras say Connection Failed. Can anyone help me with changing settings in my NVG599 please?
Hi, this one's easy: 1. Go to Ezvizlife.com and create an account. 2. Login to each camera make sure under 'NETWORK > PLATFORM ACCESS' Ezviz cloud P2P is enabled. Note the SERIAL NUMBERS and VERIFICATION CODES of each camera. 3. Go back to the app on your phone or Ezviz Website and ADD each camera manually with their SERIAL NUMBERS. You will be prompted to input the VERIFICATION CODE for each camera. 4. Go to 'LIVE VIEW' on the app or Ezviz website and you'll see all the camras.

P2P is the way to go now... no more DDNS
I hope this info helps

Last edited:

bomack

n3wb
Reaction score
For security reasons you may not get a lot of help here on this topic. Most likely you will be strongly suggested to not port forward and go with a VPN solution.

You need to forward two sets of ports. One is for port 80 if you want to watch remotely on a web browser or port 8000 if ivms. I believe you could do just 8000. For example port 21500 on your router to internal camera port 8000.

Now back to the Security aspect. What is your firmware your running on the camera? You may be vulnerable and that's why port forwarding is a bad idea and you should go with a VPN solution such as raspberry pi or your router.