Hikvision PTZ DS-2DE2A204W-DE3 purple on the edge of objects when moving occasionally?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I installed a Hikvision PTZ mini-dome camera under a tree. One day the utility company cut some branches and I saw the camera move a bit up and down when a small branch maybe 4 inches long hit it and the image bounced up and down. I didn't have a nvr yet for it so the video was lost after a few hours with the 64gb SD card. Is this purple in the video on the left from the sun or its a issue with the camera itself? The camera was only installed 2 weeks before they cut the limbs but I didn't see this when moving the camera around. I pointed it at the ground so there would be less sun. On the left of the video is where you see it in this example. It's attached video the pole mount and plastic bracket for the camera. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

chad21

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I installed a Hikvision PTZ mini-dome camera under a tree. One day the utility company cut some branches and I saw the camera move a bit up and down when a small branch maybe 4 inches long hit it and the image bounced up and down. I didn't have a nvr yet for it so the video was lost after a few hours with the 64gb SD card. Is this purple in the video on the left from the sun or its a issue with the camera itself? The camera was only installed 2 weeks before they cut the limbs but I didn't see this when moving the camera around. I pointed it at the ground so there would be less sun. On the left of the video is where you see it in this example. It's attached video the pole mount and plastic bracket for the camera. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Did you ever figure this out or did you have to replace?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't see the videos but from the description assuming that it's typical chromatic aberration. Search that term and you'll better understand.

Not a lot that you can do about it at the root. It's mostly in how the lens is designed. You probably can lessen the effect if you can change the position of the cam some. High contrast, particularly with something like a darker subject against a lighter background, will make it most apparent. Try changing the angle and changing the focal length some with zoom. Also can try playing with image settings and saturation to reduce how much the undesired color is seen, though you may still have kind of a halo effect it won't be as bright and purple.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh... that's something different. Always in the same spot in a line along that edge?

If so, then looks like maybe the IR filter isn't moving out of the way completely.

chad21

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhh... that's something different. Always in the same spot in a line along that edge?

If so, then looks like maybe the IR filter isn't moving out of the way completely.

Yes its the same spot and out of my 10 cameras, it happened to 6 of them. I did a default on all the cameras and only 1 fixed the issue, the others are still the same. I manual changed each camera from day to night and back and forth to force it to open and close but it still has issue. Looks like I will be returning this batch of cameras.

Thanks again