Hikvision ptz with auto tracking?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm in the market again for another ptz speed dome that has auto tracking.
I currently have the huisun but need another.
The huisun is great but the new location may not suit the huisuns limited auto tracking facility.
So I'm looking at something that is either hikvision through and through or at least has a hikvision module.

This is where I'm getting confused.
If it's a hikvision I'm looking at Chinese varients for 2 reasons 1 I have a Chinese nvr and 2 price.

What I'm wanting to know is which hikvision models have auto tracking as I am getting conflicting reports saying that the ds-2dexx range have it and some saying not.

Also will the generic brands that use hikvision modules with the auto tracking function work like a true hikvision and have the superior auto tracking??

Advise please as I'm scratching my head

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be wary of china models with auto tracking. The reason being is that firmware updates could really be helpful if they improve the auto tracking programming.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would be wary of china models with auto tracking. The reason being is that firmware updates could really be helpful if they improve the auto tracking programming.
True and I agree with you

Although it also comes with the baring of price difference

If the pricing is similar and not too far apart then proper international will be preferable.

I also need to add that after doing some digging around
The huisun and imporax speed domes that have the option of a hikvision module
Will still have the same auto tracking features or lack of as the standard version.

So anybody looking like me need to be aware

I originally thought that a hikvision module would run native hikvision firmware
But from my digging apparently not