HikVision Remote PCNVR Viewing Issues

Reaction score
HikVision Remote Viewing Issues

Hey all, I have been browsing this forum for a couple weeks and havent figured out this issue still. As a tech, I hate asking for help but I know when its needed and its needed now.

My configuration in question:
A dozen or so DS-2CD27332F-IS HikVision cameras. All installed on a remote computer. If I can get one working then the rest will come shortly afterwards so I will post the relavent details for that camera.
Hallway cam with HTTP Ports @ 80
Hallway cam with RTSP ports @ 554
Hallway cam with local port @ 8004

I am between two pieces of software and I am not really sure which one I want to be using. I have access to iVMS 2.4.x, 2.3.x, and the PCNVR software that was recently removed from most of HikVisions website.
IVMS 4200 version 2.4.0.4 build20150916
IVMS 4200 version 2.3.1.3 build20150416
PCNVR version 1.03.06.02
HTTP Port @ 80
RTSP Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 10554
Local Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 15000
Whichever one of these I should go with I can install at have setup at port 80 in minutes. Depending on what works

A router of unknown make and model, with the following ports open:
HTTP Port for IVMS / PCNVR @ 80
RTSP Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 10554
Local Port for PCNVR (cant set it on IVMS) @ 15000
Hallway Cam Local Port @ 8004
Hallway Cam RTSP @ 554

What I am working towards is getting remote access so that a computer in Sacramento can access a camera in Yuba City where they are physically located. I have gotten remote RTSP feeds working and when I go into the camera from a remote connection I can get a feed via the VLC plugin thats available when you are using a stream media server. All which hasnt worked on the main web interface for any of the IVMS programs. Some things I have tried are using VLC media player to pull the RTSP stream which works fine and I can also use a computer on the local network to view the cameras through a web interface. This feels strongly of an issue with which ports are open on the router.

I am suspecting that because I cant open both UDP and TCP ports on the router, only TCP, that could be causing some degree of issues, also I am using a PC to host the software and not actual HikVision hardware.

Thanks for your time and I left a TLDR on the bottom for anyone who just wants the question.

tldr; Cant remotely view my cameras and I dont know which ports to open to make it work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
updated first post with new details. If this is getting outside of the scope of just the cameras please let me know and I will move this to the right forum.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
updated first post with new details. If this is getting outside of the scope of just the cameras please let me know and I will move this to the right forum.
Preface, I dont use ivms. But,
If you are trying to use the webserver in ivms or use the NVR, to remotely view the cameras, then you dont need to be port forwarding the camera, in that case, ivms or the NVR needs 554 open to transmit the video. You need to open 554 to ivms or NVR not to the camera.

Reaction score
Preface, I dont use ivms. But,
If you are trying to use the webserver in ivms or use the NVR, to remotely view the cameras, then you dont need to be port forwarding the camera, in that case, ivms or the NVR needs 554 open to transmit the video. You need to open 554 to ivms or NVR not to the camera.
I have both ports open currently. In my image attached the .5 IP is the iVMS and the .48 IP is the hallway camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have both ports open currently. In my image attached the .5 IP is the iVMS and the .48 IP is the hallway camera.
You cannot have the same (external) port open for two devices. The router needs to know where to send the packets. Close the camera 554 port and open it for the NVR.

Reaction score
You cannot have the same (external) port open for two devices. The router needs to know where to send the packets. Close the camera 554 port and open it for the NVR.
I am going to remove the setting on the router to open the cameras port @ 554 then. I am currently getting an error saying Run Error every time I try to open the software. So I am working through that now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to remove the setting on the router to open the cameras port @ 554 then. I am currently getting an error saying Run Error every time I try to open the software. So I am working through that now.
IF you are trying to access the NVR then you should NOT be forwarding the camera. For the NVR you need to forward the media port (default 8000) and rtsp port (554)..

Reaction score
IF you are trying to access the NVR then you should NOT be forwarding the camera. For the NVR you need to forward the media port (default 8000) and rtsp port (554)..
Its not an NVR anymore, its iVMS 4200 v2.4.whatever, so I dont have the option of opening a media port anywhere in the iVMS settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its not an NVR anymore, its iVMS 4200 v2.4.whatever, so I dont have the option of opening a media port anywhere in the iVMS settings.
Does ivms have a webserver? I believe some versions do. is that how you are trying to use it? if so then you need to open the rtsp port to the webserver which should have the same ip address of the pc the software is running on. If it does not have a webserver then you wont be able to view video anyway...
When you say it works locally, what ip address are you entering into the browser? the ip address of the ivms pc or the camera?

Reaction score
Does ivms have a webserver? I believe some versions do. is that how you are trying to use it? if so then you need to open the rtsp port to the webserver which should have the same ip address of the pc the software is running on. If it does not have a webserver then you wont be able to view video anyway...
When you say it works locally, what ip address are you entering into the browser? the ip address of the ivms pc or the camera?
From the local machine, we will call it Camera Server, I can access the iVMS 4200 web client and pull up the feeds without issue. From a remote computer, we will call it Admin Center, I am unable to pull up a feed. On top of all of this, iVMS seemed to break saying Run Error when I try to run it on the Camera Server, so now I am fighting that, even though its not relavent to this forum.

Reaction score
updated first post with more things I have tried, more configuration options, and hopefully clarified exactly whats wrong with it.