Hikvision SADP Timeout problem after changing HTTP-port

Reaction score
Hello,

I was experimenting with port forwarding and changed the HTTP-port from 2 out of my 6 cams.

Worked for a small period but my 2 cam's afterwards somehow disappeared . No way to log on using internal or external ip, even via the https (which I did not change) i was not able to connect. Even programs like Angry IP-scanner do not show my 2 lost cams.

I found out that Hikvision does not recommend to change the port but meanwhile it became impossible to go backwards.

SADP was my last peace of hope. Luckily all 6 camera's are showing with SADP. .

Unfortunately I constantly run into a timeout when trying to chang the HTTP-port back to 80.
I have the same problem for the two camera's and I am 100% sure of the admin password.
Connecting or modifing the other 4 cams works likes a charm.

Can someone help me out please?

Thank you for your time.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily all 6 camera's are showing with SADP.
If the IP address is still on the same address range that the PC is on (wired not WiFi), then you may be able to effect the required port changes over the ONVIF protocol.
Give ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) some valid logon credentials (top left of the window) and it should find your cameras automatically.
Then see if you can make any changes to the HTTP port, on the Network settings page.

Reaction score
If the IP address is still on the same address range that the PC is on (wired not WiFi), then you may be able to effect the required port changes over the ONVIF protocol.
Give ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) some valid logon credentials (top left of the window) and it should find your cameras automatically.
Then see if you can make any changes to the HTTP port, on the Network settings page.
Thank you for your answer!
It was worth the shot ... Unfortunately still not working.
I can connect to the 4 cams on HTTP-port 80, but I get an error message when trying to connect to the other two.
It says there is no ending point listening that can accept the message.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It says there is no ending point listening that can accept the message.
Did you add the 2 cameras manually? ODM should find all 6 cameras automatically and all should show in your screenshot.

What IP addresses are showing for all 6 cameras in SADP?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing is showing automatically ... Ik have to add manually cam per cam.
That's not normal - there should not be a need to manually add to ODM, even for cameras where the HTTP port has been customised.
Some types of network traffic are being blocked.
Presumably the PC is on a wired connection? WiFi can be troublesome when full network access is a requirement for some tools.
Is it running any network access protection such as Symantec Endpoint Protection or similar?

Reaction score
PC is on a wired connection.
As far as I know there is no network access protection tool running.

On the other hand the camera's are connected directly to a PoE-switch and there is another switch between the PC en the PoE-switch.
I will connect the PC directly to the PoE-switch and see if it makes any difference.
I do not carry much hope since SADP is passing through the switches ...

The next option I was thinkin about is to connect the camera directly to the ethernet-port of the PC.

I will keep you posted. Unfortunately I am not at home so it might take some time before I get back to you.

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I found a solution to my problem but in a completely different way.
Opposite from what I found on the web there is a reset button on my cam.
I just had to pull off the cam protection cap - unplug PoE power supply - push Reset button - hold button for at least 30 seconds whilst connecting the PoE cable.

It solved the probem because the setting were set to factory again and I found my cam on the default Ip-adres (192.168.1.64) with the HTTP-port set to 80 again.
Obviously I am not completely satisfied because I was not able to find why I can not connect locally to my cam after changing the HTTP-port.
The answer I got from the Hikvision EU Support was not satisfying at all - "Please contact your ICT-expert" :-(

Anyhow, Thank you alastairstevenson for the advice given. Even though it did not solve the issue it made me smarter. Much appreciated!