Hikvision Sends Email but no Photo

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.....I recently installed a Hik 7608 with three 2032 cams. Originally, I was using emails for motion detection with pics, but eventually i ended up using the surveillance center because it had a quicker response time. Now that I have things dialed in more I was hoping to go back to emails with photos just on one of the cams as it is the front door and has more traffic. The other two i am satisfied with using surveillance center. The issue is now that I reactivated the email notifications I get text only emails with no pics like before. I have checked and rechecked that the box for photo attachments is checked, but i cannot get it to work. Ive tried to search for this issue but everything I find is related to emails not working at all which is not my issue. Any ideas? Thank in advance!

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What firmware are you running on the 7608NI-E2 which is what I believe you were running?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought so.

So you said you had actually got picture attachments previously on this 3.3.2 firmware? but now it doesn't work.

Because if you search this forum, most of the issues with not having attachments are linked to firmware 3.3.2.

However, people were getting nothing at all ever. Which makes sense as I believe Hikvision didn't actually put the feature in cause there was no RAM left or something like that.

Unless you updated firmware between then?

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct. They sent fine when first enabled. Issue arose when I turned it off for period and attempted to turn it back on.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're probably the first person I have found to have pics working at all with 3.3.2 (at least used to).

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You didn't upgrade the firmware at all by any chance?

(I edited my post with that question while you replied before)

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
No updating. Straight out of the box. Guess I should've left well enough alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Well I guess I'll just sit back and wait as it appears in those threads I'm just fortunate to have what I have.

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again for the help Michelin

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does your model not have built-in PoE? Seems odd that everyone else has issues with 3.3.2 and you don't. It might be that most have the PoE version and you don't.

Or more likely, it is crappy Hikvision firmware and the moon has lined up with Jupiter meaning yours is working.

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
Built in PoE and I'm using the ports

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think many people have the non POE models. I wish I had gotten one of those instead.

There must be ghosts inside these Hikvision products, or at least the firmware.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update to v3.3.4 (see rommycam's threads). That should fix it. There are more than a few ghosts in Hikvision products!

Not many people have non-PoE no. PoE switches are expensive in UK too, so for me not an option when I help friends and family.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good point.

POE Switches are expensive here too. The only place it doesn't seem that expensive is the US. The only value you can really get is buying used switches.

All the sellers I was looking at when buying my NVR all had POE models. So no option for non-POE (Didn't even know they existed at the time). I guess they could order it in if I asked.

I don't think they get enough demand for them to be worth stocking.

It just gives you more flexibility, and reduces the NVR noise.

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
honestly I'm very hesitant to update.....i'm very satisfied with the capabilities i have now and i'm worried there's more risk than reward.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be a wise decision.

When it was working, do you remember if the screenshots that were sent were very small or full recording quality (ie 2MP/3MP)?

aframe99

n3wb
Reaction score
The ones I got were all night shots, but they looked like lower res.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am an advocate of don't update the firmware without a reason (i.e. don't touch a working system) but if yours isn't working then this is different.

v3.3.2 to v3.3.4 is an easy update, you can just do it via the web gui.