Hikvision Series 1?

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.

I bought a camera from Ebay and did a bit of research and found that there is almost no information of this camera on the official hikvision website.
It is "Original" but how? I only could find few PDF datasheets for it but nothing else.
What to do?

Camera model: DS-2CD1331-I

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
My understanding from industry people, but not confirmed by Hikvision itself, is that 1 series are lower cost, lower quality component devices intended for lower income regions, ergo why it is not sold in the US.

As one international distributor explained to us: "Hikvision use these (1 series) for the low end markets like Russia, India and Brazil." Another one commented: "They try to “downgrade” the specs in some ways to make it look like it is cheaper to protect their other markets". We have not verified how much different / worst 1 series are, e.g., to the 2 series.

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My understanding from industry people, but not confirmed by Hikvision itself, is that 1 series are lower cost, lower quality component devices intended for lower income regions, ergo why it is not sold in the US.

As one international distributor explained to us: "Hikvision use these (1 series) for the low end markets like Russia, India and Brazil." Another one commented: "They try to “downgrade” the specs in some ways to make it look like it is cheaper to protect their other markets". We have not verified how much different / worst 1 series are, e.g., to the 2 series.
Thanks.

I cancelled the order and switched to another camera.