Hikvision setup frame drop, sound drop.

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to describe my issue, but it is quite difficult to describe. So bear with me please.
I have Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-Q2/8P (I do believe) with 1 HDD (5400 RPM I do believe)
And CAM: DS-2CD2087G2-LU + DS-2CD2047G2-LU
I can specify closer if needed.

The issue is, that 1. I have a huge framedrop, like once per second, but I beleive it is not just one frame, becasue people walking "jump" almost 3feet/1meter, and that is no real to be just one frame, but that is just my feeling..

TLDR:
Mostly it is notable on audio. The audio "tears" as it "drops" some "frame/wave", seriously at least once per second, some seconds it does not do it, but vast majority of times it does.
Imagine a sound recording, and every 750milliseconds there is a 150-250millisecond interference where you can hear just noise, nothing more, and this repeats all day long.

If you are unfamiliar what I am talking about, I can try uploading some sample (I would right away, but I do not know how)
It does not matter which camera I use - I have 4, all of them does this, even that in interior, so it is not the wind or weather conditions.
Even if I unplug them, and leave only one, the issue still persist.
The LAN is CAT5E, self made, and also pre made, long (60ft/20m) or short (3ft/1m).
And the settings.. I have tried maybe all the different settings I could find on this forum, when people had frame drop issues.
But nothing could solve it, so far..
I would not mind that frame drop as per images, but the sound drop is very bad, it makes it unrecognizable what are people talking about over there, and I am not 100% sure, if this was going on from the day one, or after some event or time.
This set up is plugged in into UPS so it won't shut down when power goes off and so on.
IIt happens on either browser like firefox, or in the IVMS, or after I download the file and play it with the player/software.
One thing I did not try is - connecting some TV/screen into NVR directly. (not easy to reach, but maybe I will have to test it this way too. I just don't beleive it would work, since the frmae drop is happening at the exact same frame no matter how many replays I do try to play)
I have NetTraffic (net speed meter) on my PC where I try to play these recordings, and if I speed up the recording or try to download it, it shows my incoming bandwidth speed is 12MB/s so the LAN should be fine with the speed...

Any ideas please? Maybe factory reset NVR? :)

Thanks a lot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this happening when displaying "live" or only with recordings?

What are the camera settings for:
  1. Encoder mode or encoder type
  2. Frame rate
  3. Bit Rate Type
  4. Bit Rate
  5. Frame Interval

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try these:
  1. Encoder mode or encoder type =H.264
  2. Frame rate =15
  3. Bit Rate Type = CBR
  4. Bit Rate =4096
  5. Frame Interval = 15
If no joy, also lower resolution

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed, I do not understand why it does, but this two screens are from one cam, NVR setting differs from CAM settings. it seems that NVR is above CAM settings? I should edit only NVR settings, or directly log into CAM? Because in CAM I can set up iFrame rate but I do not see it under NVR.

Seems like I can't set it up, becasue every time I reload that particular TAB in browser, it changesbitrate itself. Feels like I need to edit it multiple times, then reload multiple times, then it seems it did understood my settings I selected, but even after that, it still does not work smoothly, hm...

Attachments

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
Once again it did edit the settings itself, interesting..

NVR settings still shows 4096 but CAM settings shows 12288 and I am 100% sure it is the same cam, not an error of checking different cams...

EDIT: I have now tried to set up all 4 cams like this, but so far no luck, unfortunately...

EDIT2
interesting thing is also, that now when something moves on the screen/camera area, bit rate goes down, according to IVMS-4200, once the screen is still, no movement, the bitrate is pretty constant +-150Kbps, but once something moves, it goes down as deep as 2200Kbps (from ~4200), frame loss (much) happen.. Not sure if this is normal, or just a bug we are trying to solve :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a 15 second long sample of the sound. There is a towel over the cam, so I can reduce the size of the sample as I have slow upload speed. Do you hear the sound, please? What do you hear, is there a "sound drop" or only I hear it?
This strange question is due to this:
1. When I start to play this exact time stamp 17:09:50 , then the whole first 2-3seconds till 17:09:53 is without any hearable sound loss/drop/lag... Then it starts to tear as usual.
2. But I tried to play within "hikvision player" this exact time stamp, and I hear "tear" immediately.

Very strange thing is, now when I try to play it on IVMS but I start at 17:09:45 then the 50-53second is tearing. When I start to play it from 17:09:50, then 50-53s is OK.

If you hear this sample as a clear sound, then something must be wrong with my PC, if you hear that tearing, well, then my Hikvision set up is a bit wrong...

Seriously, this is tvery interesting.. IVMS-4200 = No matter, what time stamp I do pick up, the first 3 seconds are 100% clean, no tear in audio, no drop (in audio at least, I need to test the video as well)
Once I uncovered the cam and is no longer under towel (recording sunny various garden leaves trees), The same patter is there, but it is not first 3 seconds now, but only one and half seconds, or less than 2 seconds for sure, sometimes only a second is "not tearing".

I had to upload it to external server, as i got an error

The uploaded file was not a video as expected.

it is 7.5MB large mp4 file.

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems that .mp4 is somewhat not playable, no idea what is the reason, it is the original video "download" output from IVMS, so I have tried with .avi version.. (12seconds 6MB)

Erikct

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting thing is
youtube did not accept .mp4
it did accept .avi
here it is

I do not hear any tear at all, just a smooth background "white noise", which is interesting, now I have to test it with previous settings (full cam specs)

Any idea, why is my PC not capable of replaying video without tear? :) Need more testing, audio is one thing, images another thing (need to test upload to YT some frame loss, if there is any, or only my PC generates some loss)