Hikvision SMART Detection

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Hik 9632 NVR and (5) Hik 2132 and (9) Hik 2232 cameras along with 4 other cameras. I noticed that one of the newer 2232 cameras had V5.3.0 firmware and with motion detection disabled but sensitivity set above 0, I get the green SMART ticks on playback when there is motion. I updated all cameras to V3.5.0 and all exhibit the same scenario. I guess my question is, why is this happening with motion detection off? I think it is a very good thing not having motion as a event, but I can see when there was motion. BTW you only see the green ticks when using the HDMI and USB mouse connection to the NVR. Has anyone else run in to this?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Its called object tracking, the NVR is just processing the signals its getting from the camera.. look for an option to turn the display of them off within the NVR.

Its used for tripwire/intrusion detection etc.. but those are not required for it to be visible.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I actually want it. V5.2.0 camera firmware does not support this. Also i have no smart detection set on these cameras. These "events" are not captured in the logs. I did set intrusion on one camera and this is captured in the logs.