HikVision Smart Event Triggers

Reaction score
I have integrated three HikVision DS-2CD2335FWD-I Cameras into Blue Iris (v 4.7)

I have enabled both basic and smart events on the cameras. How do I get HikVision to trigger recordings when any of these smart events are triggered ?

I would like to trigger alerts when faces are detected or when line crossing events are detected.

Thanks in advance,
Madan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have integrated three HikVision DS-2CD2335FWD-I Cameras into Blue Iris (v 4.7)

I have enabled both basic and smart events on the cameras. How do I get HikVision to trigger recordings when any of these smart events are triggered ?

I would like to trigger alerts when faces are detected or when line crossing events are detected.

Thanks in advance,
Madan
Face detection is a gimmick and does not work properly.... You can use blue iris built-in Zone Crossing which is much more customizable and effective then Hikvision Line crossing...

Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman
I'll certainly try the Zone crossing alerts in Blue iris.
Does Blue iris have any alerts for person detection within a zone ? The kind of alerts I would like to see are
- a person entering the gate
- a person with a specified radius of my camera location (i can define a zone that is about 2 ft in dis, around the camera, and have alerts if a person is detected in that zone)
- crowd assembling within a zone

Some of the other alerts I would like to setup are
- unattended baggage (Fedex or UPS leaving a parcel at my door)
- alerts when cars park outside my home

Is there a way in Blue Iris to configure such kinds of alerts ?

Thanks !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman
I'll certainly try the Zone crossing alerts in Blue iris.
Does Blue iris have any alerts for person detection within a zone ? The kind of alerts I would like to see are
- a person entering the gate
- a person with a specified radius of my camera location (i can define a zone that is about 2 ft in dis, around the camera, and have alerts if a person is detected in that zone)
- crowd assembling within a zone

Some of the other alerts I would like to setup are
- unattended baggage (Fedex or UPS leaving a parcel at my door)
- alerts when cars park outside my home

Is there a way in Blue Iris to configure such kinds of alerts ?

Thanks !
blue iris has no person alerts...it has no idea what its detecting. You need an enterprise vms. See avigilon. Get ready to pay.