Hikvision Smart Events - not detected

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
bought a "DS-2CD2326G1-I" with a several smart detection features like line crossing and so on.
i tried a lot, but BlueIris didnt recognize any of that.
i set under Trigger Options "Cameras digital input or motion" instead of "motion sensor".
i also set "get events with PullPointSubscription" but without any success.

any suggestions for me? i ran out of ideas.. :(

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For some high-level troubleshooting, it may be useful to see what the camera actually sends when an event triggers. You might try installing the "ONVIF Device Manager" tool on a Windows PC.

When you open that, it should find all of your cameras (assuming they're on the same subnet as your PC). Initially, it won't show you much info at all, but once you provide your cameras login credentials (top left) and login, it should show a lot more.

To see the SmartEvents being sent, pick a camera and then click on "Events" (on the Onvif screen section), and it should show you everything that the camera is reporting for events (which is what Blue Iris should be receiving). As something triggers on the camera, there should be a corresponding event here.

IMG_D900D613B8DF-1.jpeg

On a Dahua camera that I have, alerts from the camera's PIR sensor look like this:

PIR.PNG

whereas alerts from the camera's built-in motion detector look like this:

Motion.PNG

Both of those alerts work OK within Blue Iris with Trigger options you have configured.

Last edited:

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint. This helps me a lot to figure a way out. I also got a little success by using the "Network Information Center" from the camera. But the onvif way seams to be smoother.

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay. Messages are incomming. Blueiris doesnt understand this as an alert. Any way to let blueiris recognize that?

Scene Change Alert looks like that:

Topic: tns1:VideoSource/GlobalSceneChange/ImageService
Operation: Changed
Source: VideoSource_1
State: true

Topic: tns1:VideoSource/GlobalSceneChange/ImageService
Operation: Changed
Source: VideoSource_1
State: false

Line detection tests will follow.