hikvision soft bricked

xxmiaja

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a hikvision 2cd-2132f-iws in camera search too under serial number it says Ds- 2cd-min-system.I can see and change port and ip address but camera will not go to login page.people online says I need to download tftp file but I need step by step instructions on how to do this the easy way I do not have a power adaptor I power the camera over poe

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision's TFTP process was new to me, I'm a Mac guy, AND the two cameras I did are 900 feet away. It was easier than expected. I used VirtualBox with XP, and Hikvision's SADP, Batch Configurator, and TFTP Auto Update utilities. I left everything plugged in the way it was, changed my XP IP, changed the camera IP with SADP, ran TFTP on XP, used Batch Configurator to reboot the camera, the TFTP happened and the camera rebooted. I figured all was well, but it came back with v4.0x Min System. I found the camera was still searching for TFTP when I rebooted it with Batch Configurator, so I ran TFTP again and re-flashed. Still Min System. After some time I realized power cycling the camera made it then boot the new flash as long as it's the proper one.

What version is on your label? How did you get it where it is now?

xxmiaja

n3wb
Reaction score
On the box it is version 5.2.5 but in camera it is 4.0 I wonder can I teamview you into my computer to fix it because I don't know how to do what the instructions say to do