Hikvision Speed Dome installation.

Tesaro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Sorry if this has been covered before. I tried the search but couldn’t find anything relevant. I have 2 Hikvision Speed Domes plugged into a POE Switch. I installed 1 of them a Week ago. I activated it using 192.168.1.64 then added it to Blue Iris. All went well. Today I installed the second Speed Dome. Did the same thing. Went to 192.164.1.64, gave it a Password like before and went to add it to Blue Iris.

This is where the problem started. It looks like both the Cams are using exactly the same I.P address, Port number etc. I confirmed this by checking the Hikvision Tool Software. I don’t know what I need to change to get them working together? If someone could please help I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance
Ray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will certainly defer to more knowledgeable members, but you probably need to go to the Hikvision web site and download the SADP tool then change the IP address to an unused IP address. The .64 address is probably the default address from the factory.

Reaction score
That's my guess as well. I don't have Hikvision cameras, but the Dahua's have a common IP address they seem to come out of factory with as default as well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like both the Cams are using exactly the same I.P address, Port number etc. I confirmed this by checking the Hikvision Tool Software.
Yes indeed. You need to change them away from the default value.
As has been stated in the 2 posts above - you need to give each camera a unique IP address that's valid for your network, ideally also outside the 'DHCP scope' that your router manages. Check your router configuration to see what range of addresses it manages.
SADP can easily make that change for you.

Best not to leave either of the cameras on 192.168.1.64 - that's the default address, which is what the next camera you add will also be using so you'd hit the same problem.

Tesaro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I have fixed it now. One of the IP addresses I was trying was being used by my Wife’s ipad.
:)