Hikvision third party support firmware.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys i purchased one of these Besview 4MP POE IP Camera Outdoor Vandal Security Dome: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

I have setup easily enough to my nvr but its missing some features i do not know if it supports such as line crossing detection (Which is what i wanted most) as this feature would stop the amount of footage i have to scroll through of basically changes in lighting or a spider web trailing across the camera :D

I know i can go into the nvr and use smart playback which is great

But what i want to know is if there is a newer firmware for this model and if so how do i go about finding it. I've been to the support page and found nothing

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
its missing some features i do not know if it supports such as line crossing detection
If the camera specs don't mention it - the camera web GUI will show for sure if it has it, as that's where you'd need to set up any 'Smart Event' capabilities.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera specs don't mention it - the camera web GUI will show for sure if it has it, as that's where you'd need to set up any 'Smart Event' capabilities.
I can no longer get into the camera web UI since the nvr has taken control of it a new ip of 192.168.254.xx and i cant get to the admin page with that for some reason. But previously it didn't have smart events when i did get into the web UI I'm just wondering if i can enable it via a firmware upgrade?

what Brand of NVR do you have?
Hikvision DS-7604NI-SE/P

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can no longer get into the camera web UI since the nvr has taken control of it a new ip of 192.168.254.xx
If the NVR doesn't have the 'Virtual Host' feature (web GUI, Camera Management, links in the right hand column) then on a temporary basis you could change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100 and connect it to a spare NVR PoE port so you can directly access the cameras and look around their web GUI.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you connect the camera using the ONVIF if so change it to hikvision and see if the camera connects.

Y-it-Earp

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is connected just fine via plug and play and hikvision profile i just cant get into the cameras web ui no long and nothing displays about it on nvr