Hikvision Turret and Ceiling tiles mounting.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would anyone know how I can mount the Hikvision Turret to ceiling tiles?

Any recommended hardware to make the job easier.

Thanks in advance

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would personally use some metal plate or sheet metal, even flat iron bar, etc on top of the tile and fix into that so you can spread the weight over the tile rather than where the fixings are.

Reactions: NVR

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cut a piece of 5mm Home Depot luan plywood to the size of the tile and used a couple of dots of PL400 to glue the plywood to the top of the ceiling tile. I then attached the camera by drilling through the tile and then through the plywood and, instead of using screws I used bolts with fender washers and nuts to attach the camera to the time and plywood. The camera has been up for over a year and is holding tight and strong.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two awesome ideas, the wood seems easier to handle though. What if these tiles are very tough and dont need backing support, what would you use for screws alone. I was thinking something with a wing nut setup if not then washers will do. What initially came to mind were those springing wing nuts, cant recall what applications used them though.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...What if these tiles are very tough and dont need backing support... I was thinking something with a wing nut setup if not then washers will do....
Ceiling tiles are not tough.

I've also used these with success but drill the hole size for the bolts and attached the wing-nuts from the top-side of the tile; in other words, use these as you would normal bolts. I've used these nuts with the plywood on top of the ceiling time...not with tile alone...

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice Q, its exactly what I had in mind, just wasnt sure if it was tested or if there was better. I will do a dry run on an old tile without wood, if it works out well I will use as is, if not then I will use wood. Appreciate your input, many thanks. System is coming in today, 3 days from China, not bad at all.