Hikvision turret cam not alerting

Reaction score
I have a Hikvision turret camera that has stopped alerting after a network maintenance activity subsequent to a lightning strike in which the POE power was interrupted to the cameras. The camera was working as desired before the network maintenance. The other three cameras in the network (2 Hiks, 1 Amcrest) are all working fine, i.e., record a video clip and send an SMS text message with attached JPEG when triggered. I can force a trigger with the BI Camera/Trigger/Trigger Now command, with the camera successfully triggering a video clip, but no alarm is generated. All four cameras share the same BI profiles, master schedule, motion detection, triggering, recording and alert settings. I have tried rebooting the camera using the indigenous Hik software. I'm thinking my next step would be to do a factory reset. If that doesn't work, I'll probably investigate a software re-install or update. I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be clear, this alert you have stopped getting is being sent from what? The camera or Blue Iris?
If from BI, I would delete the cam from BI and set it up fresh.
Registry entry may have been corrupted for that cam in BI.

Reaction score
To be clear, this alert you have stopped getting is being sent from what? The camera or Blue Iris?
If from BI, I would delete the cam from BI and set it up fresh.
Registry entry may have been corrupted for that cam in BI.
The alert is sent from BI. I'll try your suggestion. Sounds logical. Thanks.