HIkvision turret to standard j-box adapter?

Reaction score
Is there an adapter plate available that would let me mount a Hikvision turret camera to a standard 4" round box? I've found a few surface-mount round boxes designed specifically for the Hikvision turrets but I'd rather flush-mount them so they don't stick out further from the wall.
Also, when mounting the turrets outdoors, how do you make them weathertight? The camera ball has lots of open space around it into the base. I was surprised there wasn't some kind of gasket there.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera ball has its own gasket joining the two half’s together and the newer ones have a good seal around the rest-sd card opening
Flush mounting these turrets is normally what you would do.
Your cable either comes in from the rear,or there is a tab you remove
To get the cable to come in from the bottom

Reaction score
The camera ball has its own gasket joining the two half’s together and the newer ones have a good seal around the rest-sd card opening
Mine have a big gap. There's a rubber ring where the ball sits, but that seems like it's more to keep the ball from moving when the shroud is tightened down.
Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Yes the camera ball itself is waterproof, but I'm worried about stuff (rain, bugs, etc) blowing in through the gap between the ball and the mounting assembly.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine have a big gap. There's a rubber ring where the ball sits, but that seems like it's more to keep the ball from moving when the shroud is tightened down.
Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Yes the camera ball itself is waterproof, but I'm worried about stuff (rain, bugs, etc) blowing in through the gap between the ball and the mounting assembly.
HI @ExplodingLemur you can use some weather stripping for that gap.