Hikvision Turret vs Bullet?

LewisO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, in looking at the Hikvision 3 mp turrets and the 3 mp mini bullets, I'm trying to see if there's a clear consensus on which to use?
It seems to me the turret is more compact, therefore less likely to be misaligned by sticks or say a snowball. That it uses the EXIR leds and may have better night lighting. Are the bullets easier to mount? Aim? It looks like both could benefit from a junction box depending on how mounting and feeding cabling. Alternatives to Hikvision's mounting boxes or brackets which seem to run +/- $30?
Does one have a better quality picture than the other? Any other considerations?
Finally, has anyone to date received and tried the newer Hikvision 4mp cameras? If so any feedback/comparison to the 3mp cameras?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go with the new 4MP turrets.. Same as the 3MP but better low light and their 4MP! Turrets are easier to mount, easier to aim and more vandal proof.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
4MP WDR turrets (aka 2342WD-I - the ones better at low light) are double the price of the 3MP turrets (aka 2332-I). They are better but 3MP ones are still miles better than analog rubbish you might have seen before.

Bullet is more compact than turret. Same sensor so same daylight picture. Unless you have lighting issues then I prefer the bullets 2032 (for looks and compact size), but many here prefer the turrets 2332 and the advantage is the EXIR leds.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Send a message to milkisbad on here LTS sales rep. He will hook you up with a great price on all Hikvision gear.