Hikvision unbranded cameras

banker9

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hikvision unbranded NVR's will play nice with official Hikvision cameras carried by wrong wood or the HK series cameras from Nelly's? Looking to get LTN7716 NVR from milkisbad's company and a couple of their 2532 cameras (2.8mp). Have a couple of areas that may need 4 mm lenses that milkisbad's company doesn't carry, but they are carried by the wrong wood outfit. Just want to know if all the functions will work such as motion detection, which I know is a problem with non Hik cameras.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should ask Milkisbad if his NVR is compatible with genuine Hikvision cameras sold by Wrightwood or the OEM HK from Nellys. If you want to try it with a genuine Hikvision camera from Wrightwood Surveillance, I can provide you the IP address, you can add it to your NVR and see if it works. PM me for details.

Frankly I hate the Hikvision NVRs (OEM's included). The Dahua NVRs are much better and fully support Hikvision cameras including camera motion detection. I had Hikvision NVRs not support Hikvision cameras until I updated firmware, so make sure you have the latest firmware.

banker9

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your offer, but I haven't purchased anything yet. I've been reading all the threads and the general consensus seems to be same nvr as camera brand, that is why I was going to go with the Hikvision nvr. I'm really open to anything at this point. Just want to get a system up and going at my home as my wife and I are planning on doing some travelling and I'd like to be able to keep an eye on the house while we are away. Someone mentioned the Dahua nvr has trouble recording all the cameras at 3mp where the Hikvision performs better in this area. True/not true?

I guess I should ask Nelly's if their Eyesurv nvr's are exactly the same as the Dahuas and what models they correspond to. Wrightwood only seems to carry the 5216 in a 16 channel non poe, but maybe that's exacty what I need.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would not recommend any NVR, I've tried several brands and nothing I like. I would start with a small PC with Windows, I use an Intel NUC (4 1/2" square) and run the free Hikvision iVMS4200 software on it or Milestone XProtect. If you have a fast enough PC, maybe BlueIris. You can install the pay ones for a free trial, I believe 30 days with Milestone, 15 days with BlueIris to try them out. This way you are not limited by brand of camera, if something breaks it's easy to get fixed. Heck, I have a 16 channel Hikvision NVR that someone gave me free because they hated it that much and they got it from Nellly's but they refused to take it back or help him.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR ... 76 or 78 series, learn it (like all teckie stuff its a learning curve), set it, put the mobile app on your mobile / tablet and enjoy your travelling with out worrying about the pc :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: