Hikvision/ Uniview Compatible Knockoffs cannot access one of them through Web

chansenola

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry is this issue was posted elsewhere, as I am brand new to the site and could not find any relevant post. One of my ip cameras has been working fine for months. Just set a new one up, and for some reason managed to uncheck the "Web Service Port" option in the settings and now cannot get back into the camera to fiddle with any other settings. It is currently streaming fine through Agent DVR, I just needed to change a few settings and have NO idea how to get back into the camera, as it appears there is a "system Reboot " option in the settings, but... cannot log in to get to it. They both are these
Hikvision/Uniview Compatible 5MP PoE IP Turret Camera

chansenola

n3wb
Reaction score
I could not find any sort of reset button, and I know they have some software you can use to reset, but My browser did not want to go to the site at all... It was like dragging my daughter into a horror movie. And i ran their camera .exe software through Virus Total, and it went insane. I know the off brand cameras like to send info home, which I can block, but I'm, not looking to install software that can completely hose me.

THe Model says "Marquis IPC-YT50

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could not find any sort of reset button, and I know they have some software you can use to reset, but My browser did not want to go to the site at all... It was like dragging my daughter into a horror movie. And i ran their camera .exe software through Virus Total, and it went insane. I know the off brand cameras like to send info home, which I can block, but I'm, not looking to install software that can completely hose me.

THe Model says "Marquis IPC-YT50
You may not have much of a choice.
And this is the problem with basically no name cameras.
You could take the cam apart and see if there is a reset button inside.

chansenola

n3wb
Reaction score
I will give it a look, if not, that may be it for it. Shame though, great quality for the price. And while I know no cameras may be 100%, An .exe screaming virus is just a bridge to far for me. It's one thing if someone is snooping my browsing habits, another if they are finding a way into my bank log in.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, found here, toward the bottom ==>> Question:Is there a reset button on the camera anywhere?

"Question:Is there a reset button on the camera anywhere? i have 2 out of the 13 i ordered that are doa. they don't get an address from dhcp or default.
Answer:You can go the
and find the file call "SearchTools_V5.2.4_20210429.exe.zip"
Then you search IP address of the camera to do the factory reset"

Be advised there's a "SearchTools_V5.3.12_20220524.exe.zip" so it's likely a later version there but they did not update the amazon link.

FWIW, there'a $49 5MP Dahua-built Amcrest on sale with same sensor size and other similar specs that has a reset button under the door for the microSD card ==>> Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chansenola

n3wb
Reaction score
Hah, I just ordered that Dahua Amcrest an hour ago for overnight delivery. That "SearchTools_ .exe I downloaded it, and ran it through Virus Total, and I have never seen so many positive finds. Looks like that software is doing all kinds of shady stuff, and I don't mean the usual paranoid that it sends something back home, but over 16 security vendors flagged it as malware/trojan. If that Dahua Amcrest works fine in Agent Dvr and Home Assistant, I will just order a couple of them and call it a day

chansenola

n3wb
Reaction score
..and so ends my offbrand camera adventure. (Shame, because I am all about the random off brand stuff, I went through every off brand mp3 player I could get my hands on, and various other handheld electronics. But maybe when it comes to something to touches the internet, I just play it safe.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no SAFE place. Most major cities are being hit with "Flying Stingrays" and IntelXX flights.
If anyone wants in, they are already there and we don't know it yet.

dsam

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, found here, toward the bottom ==>> Question:Is there a reset button on the camera anywhere?

"Question:Is there a reset button on the camera anywhere? i have 2 out of the 13 i ordered that are doa. they don't get an address from dhcp or default.
Answer:You can go the
and find the file call "SearchTools_V5.2.4_20210429.exe.zip"
Then you search IP address of the camera to do the factory reset"

Be advised there's a "SearchTools_V5.3.12_20220524.exe.zip" so it's likely a later version there but they did not update the amazon link.

FWIW, there'a $49 5MP Dahua-built Amcrest on sale with same sensor size and other similar specs that has a reset button under the door for the microSD card ==>> Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW
Any idea as to how the Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW would compare to a IPC-T5442T-ZE?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea as to how the Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW would compare to a IPC-T5442T-ZE?
Somewhat like comparing apples to oranges, the T5442T-ZE is not only vari-focal but it has a MUCH larger sensor for low light conditions. If you can afford it, go for it....you could buy 3 of the Amcrests and have a few bucks left over, but the Amcrest would have nowhere near the performance of the T5442T-ZE, especially in low light.

The vari-focal offers a distinct advantage over the Amcrest's fixed 2.8mm or 3.6mm lens; zoom to the optimum focal length with the T5442T-ZE and leave it there.

Like the Amcrest, it also has a built-in mic and has a slot for an SD card.