Hikvision USA vs. Hikvision Issues

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was told by Hikvision USA that they will only allow sales to Integrators/Dealers via authorized distributors and does not allow resellers or online stores that buy from their authorized distributors. Sort of odd, but they actually prefer online resellers sell Hikvision products directly from China than to sell products made for this region. So they are going after online resellers selling Hikvision USA products. This means if you want a Hikvision USA product, purchased legitimately, you have to buy it as part of an install. I'll try and get more clarification at the ISC West trade show in 3 weeks.

I know most of you are DIY people, what's your take on this? How would you feel if you pay a premium for a Hikvision USA product and have them turnaround and say it purchased improperly and your warranty is void?

dalepa

Reaction score
Not sure if I understand it all, but I sure wish there was more US choices for DIY'ers. I think at least a warranty is needed from someone...

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Odd, looking forward to hearing more information as you get it.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to buy Hikvision 3 MP cameras and possibly a Hikvision NVR in 1-2 months. That is all on hold.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I usually buy the Chinese version of an item due to the cost savings but I like having the option of buying a Hikvision USA product. I think the new rule will alienate customers and I'm not sure what Hikvision will gain from it.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
They do seem very specific about who to and who not to sell. Hikvision is very hard to beat when performance, quality, and price are all excellent (minding you don't always install the newest firmware when it is released). Hate to say it, but, competition with Dahua must be tough. Ultimately, I would buy from an irrefutable online vendor who honors the same warranty.

ChrisA

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems weird to me, i can still buy from my online retailer the english version. So they havent stopped it yet.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Silly, and frankly another 'stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime' false ecomomy. Why not leverage a community resource (like us, users helping users, and even online sales/support from said suppliers) to give support to end users? I'd assume the support costs/returns/shipping is their primary concern, but to compete you have to use every means to get your product into as many end-user's hands, with as few middlemen as possible. Put a chat/email help link on the site, next to a dedicated support forum, and go out and compete!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I just hate waiting a month or more buying stuff from China, I want to order my camera and have it in 2-3 days, preferably with free shipping. As long as I can do that, I'm good.