Hikvision-VCA Search is not working

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a HikVision NVR 7716 (v3.4.5 firmware, the latest avail for my NVR) & dome cameras 2142fwd. I can set up intrusion & line crossing but I cannot perform a VCA search on my NVR (no file found). That is, it is not recording at NVR any events.
I have the NVR set to record events over 24hr/7 days. And of course, playback works, triggered off of motion detection.
I do not use the hikvision cloud.

A few years ago, before the latest firmware update, I had been able to search VCA and to see warnings on a browser screen when there was an intrusion. But that was also before many changes were made to browser software and before I tried to set up my NVR to display these events.
I'm hoping to find info here on what I am either doing wrong of perhaps expecting something that is not possible.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you searching on the NVR , web interface or iVMS mobile or PC?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm want to search on NVR. At one time VCA searching worked.

My objective is to glance at my cameras on the NVR monitor (it's set to record events) and immediately see if there is a 'critter' in the intrusion area (outlined by a warning box). A secondary objective is to do a VCA search. I am unable to do either.
I have checked iVMS4200 (on iMac) and iVMS4500 (iPad) for intrusion detection (not showing it) but not the VCA. In an older version of the mobile app it did detect intrusion and outlined the intruder. That is no longer happening on my iPad iVMS4500 v4.7.6

I dug an old WinXP out of the closet and tried running IE v8 but it didn't work either (and could be that it is not properly set up with web components).

Regardless, I'm mostly interested in getting the NVR to display the intrusion or line crossing. I have drawn the lines on the camera via web access and also on the NVR via it's GUI.
The cameras have firmware update Oct2018: v5.4.5_170124 and I just found HikVision has 3 newer firmware releases but I have not applied them because the filenames indicate a later released camera. I will unpack them and check the readme or release info but it seems to me that the version I have installed should work.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Theres a few possibilities.

Please check the ffg:
in recording setup make sure that the schedule is setup for motion or alarm/event. (M/A)
time and day for all the cameras to be recorded

In the Smart event setup
check the event setup, not just enabling it. The arming schedule needs to be set for the time, date and duration that you need
Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.20.52.png
Once you have done the above, it should be in the logs with a link to the events and video

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once you have done the above, it should be in the logs with a link to the events and video
It is in the log. And I can view it from the log. But that is not the same as VCA search.
The search sez "no pictures found".

Now I'm thinking that there is no room on my hard drive to store a "picture".
The HDD is set up to overwrite and my 2 4g hdd's have several months on them that they continually overwrite.
Just a wild guess that intrusion events are not overwriting.

Also, I just set up the iVMS 4200 and on PLAYBACK I can what I expect, lines around the detected intruder.
But I cannot see that on my NVR in playback nor can I see that in Live View on either iVMS or on NVR GUI.

GizmoFut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have really had the same trouble and I finally found a solution. First my setup:

6 cameras - different types
NVR with dedicated network ports (each cam goes directly into the NVR)
Latest firmware in NVR and iVMS-4200 3.7.1.5

I am recording 24/7 from all cameras.

First, do NOT use i-VMS 4200 to configure this. When I did, it did NOT work. Then I turned into the webinterface and now it worked - even when later on searching from iVMS-4200. And DO NOT configured directly in the cameras, but connect using your browser to the NVR IP address. From here you can manage the NVR and each camera via a drop-down selection box.
For each camera I have enabled the following settings via the webinterface:

In Video/Audio menu select Display Info on Stream and ENABLE "Enable Dual-VCA" for each camera. That will allow you to search for line-crossing and entering area events.
In Event menu select Basic Event. For each camera ENABLE "Enable Motion Detection" AND "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion". Make sure all of the video area has a pattern of squares so you can search any part of it (Area Settings). In the Arming Schedule select all days and all hours (that is the default). In the Linkage Method you do NOT need to select anything. Not even reccording as it uses the already recorded video from your 24/7 setup in Strorage -> Schedule Settings -> Record Schedule and again for each camera "Continusly" and 24/7.

Now you can, in iVMS-4200, select Remote Playback for a given camera and given time. You can then right click an area and select one of the VCA. See attached photo. It will then give you a list of the selected events in the area you have choosen in the right side. And then you can simply play each of these events. It works very well (for me) this. I hope this information can be of value to anyone struggling with this setup.

Pic1 is where I have right-clicked on the playback video and then selected "Enable Motion Detection". After this I draw the area with the mouse and it shows all events for this area where there has been movement. In my examle the movement is the wind moving the top of the bushes.

Attachments

Last edited: