Hikvision video format.

Reaction score
Wow! That's an endangered species. Probably not many of you left ...
I grew up at the DOS prompt I'll have you know (when I was in my 40th year ;) ) Windows didn't appear until about 2 years later. No images or anything like that of course. Word processing was with SuperWriter, spreadsheet was Supercalc. Zipping was done with PKZIP. I had a dual floppy green screen Apricot pc with two 1.44Mb drives (no HDD - that was a bit expensive) Had an accounts prog. on one disk (LH side was called Drive A:) and data on the other (right hand side was called drive B:). BUT. I did have an internal modem so that I could contact the suppliers if I had a query. The email prog. was called Micromail and was a service operated by BT called Telecom Gold. It used to take about 5 minutes to send 2 sides of A4 text. No B/Band of course, only dial-up.

You youngsters don't know how hard life was in those days. Dot matrix printers which, if you loaded up a document with half a tone of code, you could just about make it readable. I can even remember some of the syntax used in DOS. All at the DOS prompt of course.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm saying nothing. Much.
Apart from PDP-8 and Sirius 3000. Both pre-date the Apricot kit, which was made at a factory just down the road from here.

Reaction score
I'm saying nothing. Much.
Apart from PDP-8 and Sirius 3000. Both pre-date the Apricot kit, which was made at a factory just down the road from here.
I had a friend who used a Sirius in his industrial distribution business and in fact he persuaded me to get a pc in the first place. I had quite a few customers in my line of work as well as my main business and it certainly proved useful. At the time I had only just about got to grips with the elementary functions of a calculator !