Hikvision Vs Amcrest

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What’s the general consensus of which is better?
Or is there a better one?

Tired of burning my Skybells every 12 months. Alarm.com works great for everything else.

Just need BI integration and bonus for 2way audio in BI and/or standalone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allias

n3wb
Reaction score
I would love to know what has been working better for people as well. I'm on the fence with these two.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many Amcrest cameras are just rebranded Dahua. I have a mix of Dahua, Amcrest, and Hikvision, Have had no failures. My other noname Chinese cameras that I start with are in the Junk bin. Look at the camera specs pick based on your tested requirements. Test do not guess.

In general the best cameras for the home market have 1/1.8 sensors. Look at the Dahua 5442 cameras.

IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- MP variable focus AI

fnhanks

n3wb
Reaction score
To the above poster, while I agree with you, this thread is specific to doorbells.
Any other opinions? I am in the same boat and every thread seems to sum up to “it’s ok, not great” so they’re all full of compromises. So which one has the least compromises?