Hikvision vs ubiquiti

Gdurham

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking into information about the new ubiquiti UVC-G3 line of cameras and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them vs the 2CD2342WD line (will likely purchase through one of the vendors on this forum)

I am still mapping out locations, but based on most of my needs a 4mm lens will be what I will need.

Any thoughts and even alternatives would be welcome.

Thank you!

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be cautious about the Ubiquity cameras. I haven't tested them for a couple of years now, but the last lot I tested were hands down the worst IP cameras I've ever had the displeasure to plug into a network. Useless proprietary 24V power injectors, the worst light performance I've ever seen and a horrifically proprietary interface and feature set. Note the data sheet for the model you mentioned has no performance specifications and no mention about protocol, stream or compatibility. They may have improved, but I'd be surprised if they come close to the bottom of the barrel "buck fifty" Chinese specials. They're all about the vendor lock-in baby.

Gdurham

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. That made that comparison much easier.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking into information about the new ubiquiti UVC-G3 line of cameras and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them vs the 2CD2342WD line (will likely purchase through one of the vendors on this forum)

I am still mapping out locations, but based on most of my needs a 4mm lens will be what I will need.

Any thoughts and even alternatives would be welcome.

Thank you!
I'm gonna be ordering the LTS version of these turrets in the near future. I have three of the 4mm 2342's and two of the 2.8mm's. 2.8 are absolute garbage, I def recommend staying 4mm or higher.