Hikvision WiFi camera with NVR??

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently use a 16 port I series NVR and run all my cameras through POE . I'd like If possible to add 2 hikvision cube indoor cameras which have WiFi and use WiFi + power adapter rather than POE.

Is it possible to use a WiFi camera and view it on a hikvision NVR? I'm using the NVR's buil in POE ports so my cameras are using the ip range 192.254.1.100,101,102. Etc

I've configured the cube camera I currently have so that it's connected to my WiFi network which it shows its connected but how do I go about connecting it to and viewing on the NVR? Is this possible?

Thanks

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

As long as the cube cameras are on the same ip range as the NVR WAN port, you would be able to add these as manual, provided you have not used all 16 channels on the POE. Your NVR can only add a max of 16 cameras, either POE or via the NVR WAN interface

Hope that this helps

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this, Yeah my NVR ( DS-7716NI-I4 16P) how do I set the WAN port or do you mean the network the internal POE is set to. 192.168.254.......

If I go into the cameras config. I have the WLAN port set to the POE network that my NVR uses(192.168.254.001) and SADP detects it so I know its connected to my homes WiFi network.

I'm unsure on whether the NVR I have is able to view this camera as its not a WiFi NVR but the cameras connected to my WiFi within the NVR's IP range ^^^

Thanks

Last edited:

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

The new cameras must not be on the POE range but the range that your nvr ethernet (presumably the same as the router).

You will connect the nvr ethernet to the router lan and this will allow the nvr to access the camera feed as there should be a bridge between the wifi and router ethernet ports.

Add these camera ip addresses as a manual type (not P&P) in the camera setup. It will also require the username and password for the wifi camera.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah thankyou very much that worked.

I was setting the IP to the NVR's POE not my NVR ethernet

Thanks again much appreciated