Hikvision Wont Reset Admin Password

kiteboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

This is a new one for me - and has totally put me off ever buying another hikvision camera

Set a camera up for use in work
(DS-2CD2T42WD-I8) with firmware V5.5.0build 170725

I took a note of the admin password and the normal user and password when setting it up and whatever i try the admin password does not work !!! Typical

OK great used the SADP tool and sent off for help from hikvision and it looks like as Ive bought from amazon they wont do ANYTHING at all to help!

So the camera is more or less a brick - I cant belive it really

Is there any way around this - maybbe downgrading firmware or something???

Thanks all for any advice

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the regional code of the serial number? WR or CH? I ask because if it's WR it indicates it a world / international camera that they should support. Did you tell them you bought it from Amazon or did they look up your camera's serial number and say that to you?

kiteboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Its
DS-2CD2T42WD-I820*****160414BBWR5*** well I said its from amazon - I didnt actually buy it a colleague did - will try and see him tommorrow - but as it has WR they should support anyway????

Actually they said this "The provided Serial Number of the device that you purchased is NOT from our UK & Ireland authorised distributors."

However Im not sure if they checked that as I then said it was from amazon

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
The UK has different and more stringent policies about supporting end users than the US. Consider calling US tech support.