HIKVISON DS-2CD2132-i unreachable in Browser, SADP or iVMS tool

snanceki

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a DS-2CD2132-1 v5.0.2 build 130805 (bought of eBay "New. Surplus to requirements" build date 2014. New undamaged packaging)) which after considerable difficulty I got up and running.
I had difficulties because I am a newcomer to ip cameras (I certainly no longer a virgin however having spent hours reading and absorbing how tricky these things can be!!!)
Most of my problems were due to the absence of a Mac version of SDAP and even v1.0 of iVMS being incompatible with my OS. Furthermore the web interface live feed is also incompatible due to lack of implementation of web components although Quicktime did provide some support. However change to a PC resolved this.

I also have a DS-2CD2022F-1 Firm v5.3.0 build 150513 (bought new from reputable eBay company).
I have no idea whether these are grey imports etc and how you can determine if they are etc since I read that this has a bearing on matters.

Both cameras were running OK on iVMS(PC) when without warning or intervention on my part (at least I don't believe I did anything) DS-2CD2132-i disappeared from Live feed.
I cannot access it via SDAP, Browser or iVMS tool.
My Router Network overview shows the camera as offline (greyed out) giving its MAC number but not its ip.
After much trial and error and post reading I believe this was due to the MAC number being stored in the arp cache. (Not that I understand exactly what this means)
I reset the Router and reset the static ip's for the camera and the offline camera (ghost MAC disappeared from the network overview diagram leaving just the one working online camera.

I note that there is a steady green and red LED illuminated on the camera PCB but the IR array isn't working in the dark. It certainly was prior to this outage.
I have exchanged the wiring (and also checked it with a tester) and the PoE (green on line light illuminated OK on both PoE's) between the two cameras but to no effect.

Bottom line is how can I regain access or reset the "offline" camera. I've tried all the possible combinations of password and ip address to try the camera but I'm confident that I haven't simply forgotten the password...although it may have been corrupted somehow.
Maybe someone has "service" tools for these cameras. I note a 4 pin micro connector on the PCB... or have I just been unlucky and the camera has simply failed in which case is there a service operation where can I get the camera "repaired".:sad2:

In anticipation of your ideas, Stuart.