Hikvison NVR

brianlee

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Looking for help with a Hikvision NVR. I can not seem to get any of my cameras to connect. I get an "Network abnormal" next to each connected camera. These are setup with ONVIF protocall which the cameras supports according to cameras website. These are POE IP cameras from Amcrest. I can see a "connected" message directly on the NVR. I have been trying to set these up thru the web interface. The NVR is connected to my router. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

1580072858696.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
These are setup with ONVIF protocall which the cameras supports according to cameras website.
The 'ONVIF port' will not be 8000, that's the Hikvision management protocol port.
And you need to set the management protocol to ONVIF, not Hikvision.
You could try 80, that's fairly common for the 'ONVIF port', but it's often not the same as the HTTP port.

If you install ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) and change the PC IP address to, say, 192.168.254.100 and connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port ODM will find the cameras automatically.
Give ODM some logon credentials, top left of the window, and you will see the ONVIF port in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.